Why I'm uneasy ahead of Barroso's historic first-ever 'State of the European Union' address - La Treizième Étoile: A blog on EU politics
News from the European Union with a focus on the South West UK and Gibraltar region and its MEPs
My tweets (@SWUKinEU)
Why I'm uneasy ahead of Barroso's historic first-ever 'State of the European Union' address

Monday, 6 September 2010
History is set to be made in the morning (7th) as the President of the European Commission José Manuel Barroso is set to stand at the central lectern in the plenary chamber in Strasbourg and before MEPs at 8am in the morning UK time begin to make his first-ever ‘State of the Union’ address. I, on the other hand, may decide to fall out of bed shortly before the start, throw cold water over my face, stumble to the coffee machine before tuning in and half paying attention – a scenario I’m sure a few of the MEPs would prefer. But it is not just the timing that I have a problem with regarding this latest historical EU event...

Click here to continue reading...



Twitter trackbacks:
loading..
0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Last election:
THURSDAY 22 MAY 2014


Click here to see which six MEPs were elected.